Transparent call for candidates for the Honorary Positions
February 18th, 2022 / IBA
National Federations and Confederations are invited to offer their candidates the honorary position of Vice President at the International Boxing Association (IBA).
A person appointed to the honorary position of Vice President has both the power and the duty to perform the following tasks:
- (a) cooperation with the Confederation he or she belongs to, as well with National Federations affiliated to this Confederation;
- (b) cooperation with IBA partners and sponsors;
- (c) visiting various events as IBA representative;
- (d) promotion of the mission and the ideals of IBA;
- (e) advising the IBA Head Office and the Board on the areas of his or her expertise;
- (f) performing the tasks entrusted to him or her by the Board.
The term of office for the person appointed to the honorary position of Vice President shall be four (4) years. A person appointed to the honorary position of Vice President shall serve to IBA as a volunteer. A representation allowance may be provided to such a person as per the IBA Financial Regulations.
A candidate for the honorary position of Vice President must be well-known in the sport of boxing and have knowledge and expertise in one or some areas, such as sport, governance, marketing, finance, licensing and broadcasting, education, business, etc.
For each candidate shall be a nomination form (NF or Confederation) shall be completed and provided by the National Federation of the country of which the candidate is a citizen, or alternatively by the Confederation of the same continent as his / her country of citizenship.
The following documents shall be attached to the nomination form:
- (a) A nomination form signed by the National Federation of the country of which the candidate is a citizen, or alternatively by the Confederation of the same continent as his / her country of citizenship;
- (b) A Conflict of interest declaration form consistent with the Conflict of Interest Policy;
- (c) A copy of the candidate’s passport(s);
- (d) A proof of place of residence / official domicile / or alternatively proof of tax residence;
- (e) A copy of the official register of criminal records or any similar official document issued by the competent authority of all candidate’s places of domicile for the last five years before the date of the filing of the nomination form;
- (f) A copy of the official register of debt collection or of debtors or of any other official register showing that the candidate is not insolvent or bankrupt;
- (g) A detailed curriculum vitae or biography drafted in English, with supporting documentation;
- (h) Any further supporting document or material deemed useful by the candidate to show that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria listed in article 4 of the Regulations on the appointment of honorary Officials.
All documents must be submitted in PDF (in Arabic, English, French, Russian or Spanish; any document drafted in another language must be accompanied by a certified true translation into the English language) via email to the address: email@example.com.
The deadline to submit nominations is February 28, 2022.
For more details please follow the Regulations on appointment of honorary Officials.