The Congress is the assembly of all Eligible National Federations.
It has notably the following powers:
- Admission / exclusion of National Federations
- Elections / removal of officials
- Confer honorary position
- Approval of financial reports
- Determine the amount of Annual Fee due by National Federations
- Approve, amend or replace the Constitution
- Dissolve IBA
- Review any suspension of National Federations decided by the Board
- Approve the members of the Ethics Commission and of the Disciplinary Commission
- Discharge the Board
- Approve or not approve the reports submitted to it by the Board
- Define the geographic area of a Confederation.
The Ordinary Congress is held every two years, with an election every four years.
The Extraordinary Congress is convened when needed.
AIBA Extraordinary Congress 2021